The Hall of Funk: Strictly Funk’s 25th Anniversary Pop-Up
- Brian Nguyen
- College of Arts & Sciences, Undergraduate Program in Fine Arts and Design
Student Creative Production Grant
Hall of Funk is an immersive exhibition that aims to visually explore Strictly Funk Dance Co. and its trajectory from its beginning years to now. The project aims to activate an on-campus or off-campus space to hold this event, which will occur in late April or early May 2022. There are five major components to the project, which also functions as Brian Nguyen’s Senior Design Thesis:
- Experiential Art Direction: designing the actual space where the exhibition will be held.
- Programming: curating what will take place during the event.
- Documentary: producing documentary film that will screen during the exhibition, telling the story of the past 25 years of Funk through raw footage, rehearsal and performance videos, and interviews from current members and past alumni (roughly 12-15 mins).
- Advertising Campaign: developing a detailed and thorough brand strategy with out-of-the-ordinary marketing techniques will be implemented to draw attraction to the event.
- Final Publication: producing a publication designed to tell the visual story of Funk and what it has meant to Brian Nguyen, and to its current members, past members, and the Penn at large.
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Student Grant
- Student Creative Production
- Undergraduate Program in Fine Arts and Design