Independent Creative Production Grants
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply?
Only University of Pennsylvania faculty (standing and non-standing) and staff are eligible to apply for Sachs Program Independent Creative Production Grants. Full-time Penn students who also work as staff or teach courses should apply in the Student Grants category.
What do the grants support?
Independent Creative Production Grants offer Penn faculty and staff members resources to support (partially or fully) the production of their artistic work.
Examples of previously supported projects can be reviewed on our website.
How much can I apply for?
Applicants may request up to $8,000.
How and when do I receive the grant funds?
- Individuals now have two options for receiving and spending against their grant funds.
- Applicants may identify a University of Pennsylvania department, program, or center to manage the grant funds as a designated Fiscal Conduit.
- Applicants may alternatively receive the full grant as an award. This option would allow them to manage the funding directly, which can sometimes be more efficient.
- Please refer to our general information page about Grants Disbursement for complete guidelines about both options. Applicants must decide how they would like to receive and manage the funds when they submit their application.
- The earliest date for grant funds to be available is May 2024, though in most cases, funds will be available in June or July. This timeline depends on several factors, including the response times from grantees and their fiscal conduits (when applicable).
- Any questions? Please email The Sachs Program Associate Director Chloe Reison at email@example.com.
Independent Creative Production Grants are now closed for the 2023–2024 grants cycle.
We are not accepting applications for Sachs Program Independent Creative Production Grants at this time. The deadline to submit a completed Independent Creative Production Grant application in the 2023–2024 grants cycle was February 9, 2024. Up to date information about Independent Creative Production Grants will be shared in advance of the 2024–2025 grants cycle.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest updates on all Sachs Program funding opportunities and more.
Independent Creative Production Grant applications are evaluated by a group of committee members, which may include former grantees, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community members. All deliberations will be guided by Sachs Program grantmaking priorities and criteria.
Award decisions for Independent Creative Production Grant applications in the 2023–2024 grants cycle will be made in April 2024.